dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. Were committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless ofrace, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] if you need assistance or accommodation due to disability.
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, weve grown to become one of the most respected brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies.
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itselfnot just analytics toolswill increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years weve built a community of 15,000+ people and 5,000 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt, has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. Were backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital, recently raising our series C: read the announcement here!
Were looking for a Director of Design to join our rapidly growing team. We are a product-led growth company, and as Director of Design, you will work closely with the design, product, engineering, marketing, and customer success teams to deliver delightful and empowering user experiences across product and brand domains.
Today, dbt Cloud has made meaningful strides to support the development, deployment, and discovery of datasets in modern data warehouses like BigQuery, Snowflake, and Redshift. By leveraging dbt Core (open source), dbt Cloud provides novel and compelling user interfaces into the modern analytics workflow.
In this role, you can expect to
- Support and empower members of the design team to do their best work
- Help craft a vision for the future of the product and share it company-wide
- Establish culture of excellence on the design team rooted in our companys values
- Foster a highly collaborative environment with demonstrable continuity between the brand and product
You are a good fit if you
- A successful track record of growing and developing high-performing design teams and top-notch product UX (And, to that end, a background primarily in product/UX)
- Experience building a team at a rapid-growth startup
- Experience working closely with brand/marketing; deeply understanding branding and how it fits within the product and vice versa
- Understanding of the modern data ecosystem
- Experience designing developer tools, or managing a team doing so
- Experience managing a team remotely
- Strong leadership skills, including but not limited to: Excellent communication (written and verbal); Ability to give clear, actionable feedback; Effective coaching & sponsorship
Youll have an edge if you
- Experience working in the data space
- Experience doing brand design
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $205,000-225,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, and paid parental leave
- An introductory call with Drew, our Chief Product Officer & Cofounder
- A check-in call with our People Ops team
- Design based Interview with our Lead Designer
- Panel interviews with members from our product design, marketing design & marketing group.
- Finally, a wrap-up interview with our CEO