We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to help us raise the next $10 billion for charity by driving our Estate Planning user experience. The Estate Planning team is responsible for our largest consumer facing portfolio of accessible, intuitive, and warm estate planning products (wills, trusts, and more) that will unlock charitable giving. Youll learn a ton about the unique challenges we have in the estate planning industry, and work alongside an incredibly talented team of designers, UX researchers, developers, product managers, and many others in what you will find to be a thoughtful, intentional, joyful culture that cares about people, values work-life balance, and focuses on learning and growth.
To be a great fit, you have a track record of leading projects to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional collaborator, kind and excellent communicator, great advocate for the voice of the user, and are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You approach problems holistically, leveraging research insights and data from a variety of sources. At the same time, you fret the visual details. You uphold a high quality bar and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
This role will report to our Director of UX & Product Design, Sheba Najmi, who reports directly to our co-CEO.
- Lead the vision for your product area alongside your product and engineering counterparts as a trio
- Shape the teams roadmap and goals by providing input from the users perspective, advocating to solve persistent user problems, and ensuring the team is pursuing achievable, measurable, and impactful goals
- Regularly reference product goals to speak about how your design work relates to the broader product vision and company objectives
- Independently problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how and when to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Beunafraid to take on complex problems and bring new ideasto the table
- Use research and data to influence the shape of the product and tell a holistic story, while executing high quality UI/UX designs via wireframes, mockups, specs, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Drive the creation of, and adherence to, product/design principles for your products
- Bring others along on the journey by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, being receptive to input and feedback while being able to articulate design rationale
- Work highly collaboratively with other departments such as Partner Success and Sales, employing your strengths in relationship building, communication, listening, learning, inclusiveness, and facilitation of design sessions to help create a strong design-focused culture across the company
- Use excellent time management skills to scale up, cut back, or reconsider solutions based on project objectives and resources
- Coach junior designers on approach, focus, and quality
- Contribute to our teams resources, such as design patterns and toolkits/workflows
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working in UX, UI, or HCI related field
- Good understanding of accessibility and design systems
- Experience designing for responsive web
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including planning and facilitation of leadership stakeholder discussions and workshops
- Highly proficient with design tools and interactive prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Principle, or equivalent)
- Excellence in visual design craft
- Experience with managing a complex workload and prioritizing in accordance with business priorities
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction youll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, orany other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company thats able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also cant sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.
Excited about our mission? Success in serving nonprofit partners requires our dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We cant wait to learn with and from you.
Location: US Locations Only