Were a diverse group of designers, marketers, and engineers from across the world, working together to help grow some of the most iconic startups in the world.
Pearmill was founded in 2018 as an agency structured to excel at digital performance marketing. Our goal is to shift advertising towards a more trustworthy industry by producing beautiful, honest, and high-performing ads, while creating a healthier and more transparent environment for our people.
About the role
So youre the visual type, eh? The geek out on kerning type? The everything-has-a-hot-key-shortcut-on-adobe type? The make your momma cry type?
As an Art Director at Pearmill, youll get to embody all your designer quirks and work with an international team of creatives, who are just as badass as you.
Were looking for an Art Director who will proudly wear the Team Captain jersey, leading and mentoring a team of 2 Graphic Designers and 2 Motion Designers who hail from all corners of the world. You and your team will create ads for various social platforms with performance and clients brand integrity in mind. With the support of your Creative Director, you will oversee every step of the process from ideation to creation and ad analysis.
Youre the gem were looking for if youre well-versed in best practices for different paid social channels, quick to capitalize on emerging trends, and are not afraid to try something new.
Collaboration will be key. Working closely with our Growth team and Creative team, as well as external contributors like video production teams and influencers is a must. Together we will create amazing work, to be seen by millions, for some of the best brands in the tech and e-commerce spaces.
Oh, and did we mention the perks?
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients brands
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation and accountability
- Lead a team of talented designers, motivating, guiding, and influencing not just the work, but their personal growth and career development
- Own projects from concepting to final production and delivery
- Study channel trends to develop strategies and hypotheses for both iterative and new concept creative tests
- Maintain the unique balance of delivering top-performing creative while staying on brand
- Ensure high standards of design and finish across all output
- Drive innovation in our creative teams approach to Motion and Graphic Design and push the team to see more effective solutions
- Present the work to clients, defend it, take feedback in stride, and implement changes
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Online portfolio featuring dynamic designs in digital, social and/or traditional mediums
- Ability to work autonomously to deliver on-brand, on-brief designs with little oversight
- Desire to learn about data-driven design or proven experience working with data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize a big team that effectively collaborates on projects
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and bring out the best in your team members
- 5+ years of experience working with various design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, After Effects.
- Understanding of visual storytelling
- A strong understanding of paid social channels and ability to adapt art direction/design to fit the audiences needs
- Great taste, instincts, and knowledge of brand trends
- Ability to present and sell the work internally and with clients
- Design skills in video, motion design/animation, and digital prototyping
- Be ready to contribute as well as manage
What youll find here
- Competitive salary with bonus structure
- 99% coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Distributed, remote, and global culture
- Unlimited vacation with 3-weeks required vacation
- Unlimited mental health or physical health leave
- Twice a month house cleaning budget!
- Stipend for laptop and other home office equipment
- Indoor plant budget
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Yearly stipend for books, seminars, courses, and coaches
- Matching for charitable donations
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Pearmill is a diverse company with team members hailing from all backgrounds and walks of life. Were a globally-distributed team and committed to continuing to build a company that represents the world we live in. We encourage candidates of underrepresented groups to apply.