SUMMARY: The UX Researcher and Designer is responsible for research, design, and development of engaging web user experiences. They exhibit strong problem-solving skills and possess the ability to function autonomously and collaboratively. The UX Researcher and Designer provides highly analytical and creative ideas to user-centered web designs and has thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies. As a developing individual contributor, the UX Researcher and Designer works toward becoming a seasoned practitioner and continuously grows their professional skills and business acumen.
The UX Researcher and Designer will be a member of the Marketing Web Development team and will play a critical role in creating best-in-class websites for K12, including k12.com, stridelearning.com, school websites, as well as websites for Strides other lines of business. You will be responsible for collecting user insights on content and usability and making recommendations on the structure and architecture of the sites through wire frames and prototypes. You will be on-point for generating and implementing AB testing ideas to improve web conversion. You will be collaborating with a team of visual designers, web developers, content managers, product owners and marketers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Utilizes user experience research, UX best practices, brand guidelines and accessibility considerations to create cohesive wireframes and prototypes.
- Advocates for the user while ensuring the experience meets marketing goals in a consistent or appropriate way, regardless of the web property being addressed.
- Leads projects from start to finish in collaboration with product and corporate stakeholders as well as the design and web teams.
- Delivers strong wireframes and prototypes to high-end UI with well-optimized visual solutions and meets deadlines
- Uses data and observations to understand our users and to develop insights into improvements for user experience and flow.
- Utilizes A/B testing to present design solutions.
- Researches and analyzes industry UX/UI trends and competitor sites and strategies.
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest web design technologies and techniques in order to discuss them for inclusion within our website development.
- Designs for current experiences while also envisioning new ones. Working with our brand to generate new ideas and strong visual solutions.
- Understands the balance of user experience, business goals, and time-to-market, and recommend tradeoffs where appropriate.
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree(s) UX Design, psychology, applied cognition, Marketing, Economic, Information Science or similar field preferred AND
- Three (3) years experience on website and digital teams working on UX research and UX flow
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to clear required background check
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis, product usability moderating, experimental design, test method selection, integration of consumer research into product design and a strong comprehension of the strengths and limitations of the different research methods, inclusive of when and how to apply each in product/market/consumer analyses
- Proficiency in design software such as Sketch, InVision, Illustrator and Photoshop, Figma
- Familiarity with Adobe Target for use in AB Testing
- Familiarity with publishing with content management systems (Drupal, WordPress, AEM)
- Knowledge of project management tools like JIRA
- Working knowledge of web analytics, including dashboards and reports
- This is a home-based position with the ability to travel to our corporate office from time to time
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities