AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employees choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Areas Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
The Sr. 3D Environment Artist handles all aspects of environment creation and integration. You will be responsible for creating assets, working with our OS vendors to provide feedback, and handle final assembly and integration. You will work with both proprietary and third party tools to bring our games to life.
Your portfolio should showcase both organic and hard surface environments, and show an ability to see both the big picture, and capture the important details.
What youll be doing:
- Create the models, textures and materials for props, architecture and terrain
- Maximize and maintain a consistent texel density
- Use of vertex colors/blending, height maps
- Understanding of both PBR and fully baked workflows.
- Set Dress and light the levels used in the games
- Work with the Art Director and Leads to establish and drive the art vision of the game
- Participate in planning and milestone delivery for the environments
- Participate in establishing and maintaining the highest visual quality bar overall for the game
- Ensure the environments meet the performance and memory requirements of the game engine
- Working with and providing feedback to off site vendors
Your background and who you are:
- 8+ years as an artist in games
- Expert in Maya, Photoshop, Substance suite, Z-brush or equivalent
- Capable with both hand painted and rendered texturing skills, with a focus on stylized over realism
- Ability to generate top-notch art and design in a variety of styles and a portfolio of work demonstrating the same
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Shipped multiple AAA products
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce and other Project Management Tools
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.