Think Company is looking for a Senior Content Designer to join a dedicated team for a four month engagement.
The ideal candidate thinks structurally about content and always has the users best interests at heart. They love research and basing their content strategy decisions on real needs expressed by real human beings. This person can determine the right format for the right content (text, video, photography, infographic, etc) for clients. A Senior Content Strategist can craft a step-by-step process by which that content can be re-organized, rewritten, and restructured to better suit user needs. They know that in order for this vision to succeed they must also consider the human processes by which that content will be created and maintained and can map out an approach to make that happen. And they can do it all in collaboration with researchers, designers, project managers, developers, and client stakeholders.
As this is a senior role we expect the candidate to have considerable experience engaging in the types of activities to solve for the above challenges (e.g. interviews, card sorts, content audits, content modeling, etc.) and be able to operate independently while maintaining a collaborative relationship with their team. Ideally, the candidate has also, in the course of gaining this experience, come to develop their own voice, philosophy, or approach when it comes to content strategy that can complement and grow our own.
We are not looking for experts in social media, marketing, PR, or copywriting. While these are all difficult subjects to master, they do not fully align with the challenges our clients are generally partnering with us to tackle within the digital product space.
- Work collaboratively on creative teams that include both clients and internal colleagues
- Design solutions that incorporate modern content strategy practices, with a strong emphasis on complex business systems
- Analyze content to ensure it is consistent in voice, tone, and construction
- Support or lead content discovery activities including discussions and interviews with clients, subject matter experts, and users
- Create deliverables from scratch with minimal oversight, including:
- Content audits
- Content inventories
- Content models
- Content strategy and recommendation documentation
- Voice and tone definition and documentation
- Content governance guidelines
- Clearly and effectively present ideas, research findings, and other deliverables to clients
- Collaborate effectively with development teams
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Participate in and facilitate creative brainstorming sessions with clients and internal project teams
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in content strategy and experience design in general
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience working with large content repositories, collaborating with other designers and developers, and building strong client relationships
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the content strategy or experience design field
- Uncommon attention to detail with a focus on efficiency
- Track record of meaningful project work and positive professional experiences
- Strong ability to clearly communicate design ideas to team members and clients in live presentations
- Proficiency with tools and applications that support CS deliverables
- Experience working within teams that create and use well-defined visual design systems or pattern libraries
- Client services experience
- Proven ability to support broad research and discovery efforts (interviews, observation, analysis, synthesis, etc.) beyond content strategy
- An understanding of front-end development and technology
- Familiarity with designing for accessibility