We’re a marketplace platform powered by people, so ensuring that we on-board the right sitters and fully support them through their Meowtel journey is key to delivering on our purrfect hospitality promise to our customers. This role is fast-paced, requires a significant amount of multi-tasking, and excellent communication skills.
We’re a remote-first team, spanning coast to coast in the US and all the way down to Argentina. We collaborate and work together primarily through Slack, along with several weekly team calls over Zoom. We love emojis, cat GIFs, happy hours (“happy meowers”), and work-life balance. We offer unlimited paid time off and remind one another to take vacations. We treat our own kitties as if they’re an extension of the team, with lots of stories and photos being shared on a regular basis.
As a startup, we don’t have unlimited resources, but we’ll do our best to offer you a competitive compensation package with the opportunity for results-driven bonuses. As we grow, so can you.
What you’ll do here
- Build relationships with our community members as you support them through our various contact channels (email, live chat, platform chat, 1-844-MEOWTEL).
- Vet & on-board sitters, which includes reviewing their initial application all the way to conducting their activation call.
- Address the needs of our users using clear communication, especially during emergency situations, so that quality solutions can be quickly provided.
- Demonstrate calmness and professionalism during every interaction and in every communication channel we use.
We’re looking for Support Specialists who have at least 1 year of experience under their belt and can speak fluent “Google,” meaning you use the available resources you have to come up with solid solutions and new ideas.
- You can demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication in English and love to collaborate with teams
- You have experience using Google Suite, CRMs, databases, and virtual phone systems or can learn these systems quickly
- You have experience in customer-facing roles with the ability to listen carefully
- You have very high attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize tasks and adhere to schedules
- You are solution-oriented and are ready to implement feedback right away to continue learning and growing
- You exhibit a pawsitive attitude and a desire to be a contributing member of the team
- Bonus points: You are a cat parent or have used Meowtel as a sitter or a customer!
You can expect a hands-on onboarding and training process during your first two weeks followed by on-going support, check-ins, and collaboration. We’re building Meowtel to be the leader in cat services, and we want you to grow with us.
This is a remote position but our preference is for you to be able to cover any 8-hour shift that may fall between 3am PST – 12am PST.
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation package will be competitive for where you live, or where you spend most of your time. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off to all employees and contractors, subject to your manager’s approval.
For our full-time employees in the US, you’ll be eligible to receive health/dental/vision insurance through United Healthcare.
Applicants outside of the US will be offered a contractor role.
How To Apply
Please submit your application by Sunday, November 14th at 9pm PST. We’ll review all applications over the next week and extend interview offers by December 1st. Interviews will take place in December. The first-round interview is a conversation with your future colleagues and manager. Second-round interviews consist of a technical test of using our systems and responding to real emails. Third-round interviews consist of a brief conversation with our CEO and Founder.
We’ll be in communication with you throughout the process so you know where you stand at all times.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and a woman-led company; we encourage candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply.
We look forward to reviewing your application!