You must have at least 2 verifiable years of experience with IRS W9 and 1099 forms. You will be assembling them for proper filing in cloud storage (Pcloud), keying them properly in Desktop Quickbooks and processing 1099s on Tax1099 software. All references must be able to be contacted via phone by our HR dept to confirm your experience and job performance in this area. Please do not apply if your references are not able to be verified in this manner.
Duties and Responsibilities Also Will Include All or Some of The Following:
Accounting – Accounts Payable
- Process vendor payments weekly, ensuring timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices.
- Handle vendor communications, resolve any billing disputes
- Audit incoming invoices and other payment requests for appropriate coding and authorizations, routing as appropriate.
- Assist Director of Finance and Staff Accountant in educating employees and managers on policies and procedures relating to disbursements.
- Review credit card expense reports and petty cash replenishments requests for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with preparation of annual 1099’s.
- Maintain vendor files, including contracts for services and paid items.
Accounting – Accounts Receivable
- Prepare invoices as needed.
- Prepare bank deposits and make bank runs.
- Maintain customer files
- Generate internal and external reports from accounting systems as needed.
- Assist in resolving discrepancies and irregularities.
Accounting/HR – Payroll
- As needed, act as backup for processing bi-weekly payroll using ADP’s Workforce Now solution.
- Review timesheets, ADP preprocessing payroll reports
- Assist in reconciliation of all benefit deduction statements with payroll pre process reports
- Assist in Reconciliation of monthly benefits bills with HR and payroll
- Assist with ensuring accuracy of Time and Attendance data and various accruals.
- Assist with ensuring compliance with IRS and other governmental laws and regulations.
- Prepare offer and new hire documents
- Maintain I-9 files
- Respond to employment verifications
- Respond to EDD earnings verification/ audit requests
- Data collection, preparation of employee census information for compliance reports
- Assist in benefits administration, including processing new hires, terminations and employee changes
- Assist in scheduling interviews for job applicants
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of GAAP and IRS regulations.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized and able to work independently and accurately under general supervision.
- Technology and accounting systems savvy.
- Analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills, which allows for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting and/or processing.
- Ability and desire to translate financial concepts to individuals at all levels throughout the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are tactful and diplomatic
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, able to respond to changing priorities
- Able to respond effectively to telephone and in-person inquiries.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office programs required.
- Able to work at computer up to 80% of time; ability to utilize general office equipment.
- Up to 30 hrs/week
- Project Length: More than 6 months
- $8.00/hr – $15.00/hr
- Remote Job