Ungerboeck is looking to hire an experienced Quality Engineer to lead Automated Testing. This is a *new* position and candidates can work remotely.
The ideal candidate has proven experience in automation to create automation scripts for the new and existing test cases. As a Quality Engineer, you’ll collaborate with many other teams at Ungerboeck, including software consulting, product management, software engineering, success management, client care, and more, to help ensure Ungerboeck delivers an engaging solution to meet our customers’ business and user needs. You will have the opportunity to work on many different types of solutions to meet the various needs of our customers across the following industries: conference, convention and exhibition centers, sporting venues, performing arts centers, colleges and universities, conference organizers, and many more.
- Owns the testing automation strategy, test data management strategy, and test automation framework architecture.
- Develops new or maintains existing test automation frameworks
- Writes, debugs and executes code used in automated testing efforts.
- Defines, implements, and manages processes and “best practices” with regard to automated testing.
- Establishes processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test suites.
- Provides metrics on business process and code coverage for automated test suites.
- Review and analyze functional and design specifications documents
- Identify test requirements from design document and mapping documents
- Involvement in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, creating reusable test data, test case automation, and test execution
- Develop automation test scenarios and enhance automation test platform
- Create and facilitate test plans/reviews
- Execute manual and automated test cases
- Become an indispensable part of the team
- Represent customers and their expectations of quality software
- Provide insightful feedback on designs and requirements (pre-development) and on development results (post development) advocating for how your customers will use the software in real life situations
- Work with users to reproduce and triage defects
- Cultivate a reputation of paying close attention to the details while also understanding the big picture
- Become an expert in not just how the software functionally works but how it delivers value to the customers
- Offer ideas as to how the software could be improved in your area in order to deliver more value to the customers
- 3-5+ years software testing experience, preferably for web-based software applications
- 3-5+ years professional experience using commercial issue tracking, test plan management and automation tools such as Selenium
- Experience leading a team of automated test engineers
- Experience with building test plans and test cases
- Experience with Agile-based development practices and working as part of a Scrum team
- Understanding of user experience/usability concepts including WCAG accessibility testing
- Working knowledge of Telerik Test Studio, Microsoft Azure DevOps and Azure Test Plans, Microsoft SQL Server, Git, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude, and the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Passionate about technology
- Desire to learn - Ability to learn quickly in a self-directed environment
- Is energized by playing detective and finding the defects that go unnoticed by mere mortals
- Take pride in your area of expertise and be proud when customers are delighted with what you have delivered
- Skilled in identifying and analyzing important issues faced by a diverse client base, finding new approaches, and proposing solutions to delight customers
- Team player – energetic, dependable, responsive and promotes a positive work environment through teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to troubleshoot, recreate and resourcefully solve difficult problems
- Strong verbal and written, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree - Computer Science or a related technical field
What’s in it for you?
- Full benefits & exceptional 401k match
- Working in a team of smart, yet down-to-earth marketers who challenge you to be your best everyday
- 3 weeks PTO, 8 paid holidays, and 2 paid floating holidays per year
- Flex Time and Work from Home options
- Personal training and on-site gym
- Win at life by loving your job
*All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ungerboeck is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.