We are looking for a Junior Accounting Analyst to join our Finance Team. You will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Perform full-cycle accounting functions and post daily accounting transactions
- Prepare and post essential accounting transactions including cash, credit cards, expense, and capital asset invoices in compliance with local accounting standards, tax, and legal requirements
- Prepare and process vendor and supplier payments ensuring proper coding and documentation
- Prepare essential components and supporting working papers within the month-end close
- Administer billing and invoice correspondence with internal and external stakeholders
- Validate and process employee expense reports ensuring company policies are observed
- Helped complete external financial audits including the preparation of auditor requests
- Execute essential operational/financial controls, which allow the company to scale and prevent the risk of fraud or misuse of company resources
- Help provide schedules and insight for financial forecasts, KPIs, operating results, and variances
- Collaborate with the Finance team in all accounting activities
- Help with Finance team projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 1+ years of experience in an Accounting role
- An understanding of full-cycle accounting and bookkeeping as well as basic knowledge of Finance and Accounting concepts.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google G-suite products.
- Experience working within accounting systems including posting modules, general ledgers, financial statement exports, and reports
- An “ownership” mindset, with the capacity to learn new tools quickly, identify and propose solutions to resolve challenges independently or as part of a team
- An understanding of the value of keeping priorities in order and building processes and systems that are easy to understand
- The ability to excel in a team-based environment, recognizing you cannot succeed working in a silo, and understand the importance of establishing solid relationships across teams
- Experience managing time and priorities with a skill for regularly revisiting priorities based on importance to ensure effective timely delivery
Our benefits and perks:
- An engaging remote-first culture that hires the best talent from around the world
- A competitive compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits with an emphasis on mental health
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan for proactive health awareness
- Three weeks of vacation plus an additional day for every completed year
- Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
- Additional time-off: Winter Holiday (Dec 25-Jan 1), Summer Holiday, your birthday, and more!
- An Oculus Quest 2 to connect with your team members in Virtual Reality
- An executive coach for managers to assist in leading high-performing teams
- Complimentary Headspace account to support mental wellness and focus
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe to better understand your health through your DNA
We believe culture is critical to success and invest accordingly. We live and promote our FASTT values of focused, advancement with speed, tenacity, and transparency. We work hard to maintain an engaging, supportive environment where everyone can do their best work. To learn more, read our culture deck.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. To learn more, read about our DEI initiatives.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.