You will handle all the accounting needs for SCM including preparation of financial statements and quarterly and annual statements. You will use accounting and bookkeeping software to stay organized (Quickbooks Online).
Reporting to the COO, you’ll own all accounting for a small but mighty team scaling quickly. You’ll get to create new processes, procedures and build out a highly efficient accounting function. Our team is entirely distributed so this role can be located anywhere in the United States. We’re a culture of personal development junkies committed to living out our values each and every day. Learn more about our values and how they show up daily.
What You’ll Do:
- You'll be doing daily bookkeeping duties, preparing accruals, inventory reconciliations, maintaining and reconciling general ledger and intercompany accounts, as well as compiling financial statements
- Manage bank accounts and payroll for employees, contractors, and vendors (domestic and international)
- You'll be preparing accurate bank account reconciliations and resolving any discrepancies
- Reconciling credit card charges to bank deposits
- Preparing payroll for processing as well as sales and local tax returns
- Maintain property and equipment records
- Maintaining computerized schedules for property and equipment, as well as calculating depreciation and amortization figures
- Prepare other schedules, perform account analysis, create worksheets, and participate in other projects as needed
- Help manage financial software so you’ll need to stay current on recent changes to software applications
- Pay approved bills for accounts payable
- Process and record reimbursements for employees, contractors, clients and vendors
- Manage and maintain regulatory filings
- You'll need to hit the ground running and learn essential knowledge to be able to work with our primary software applications (i.e., QuickBooks online, Justworks)
- Looking for a team player with the communications skills to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- A self-directed, independent thinker with good judgment to help us plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload will do well here.
- We'll look to you to recommend changes in office practices or procedures for efficiency.
- You'll need to love working with diverse personalities and collaborating in a highly team-oriented (and fun) environment
- Bachelors degree in accounting or an educational equivalent is preferred, a minimum of two years' experience with general ledger functions as it relates to professional services, or a comparable public accounting experience
- You must be proficient in performing all general full-charge bookkeeping functions
- A strong working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, as well as the regulatory requirements of payroll processing and tax reporting, is required
- Well-developed financial analysis capabilities will set you apart
- You'll need to have advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and intermediate to advanced knowledge in Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities are required
- Experience in "self-managing" projects
- We're seeking a high-energy individual, someone who can operate independently and produce financial reports promptly
- You should be comfortable juggling multiple multi-faceted projects, while still completing your normal tasks
Remote work, unlimited PTO, healthcare benefits (medical, dental, and vision), short term disability, 401k, and ongoing support with development opportunities