Over 100 Million people have downloaded the app and we are growing by 100,000 new downloads a day. The company is profitable and headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
We are building a world-class legal team. We work together with the following qualities and principles in mind:
- Growth mindset - always be learning
- Hungry & humble - we haven’t won yet
- Teamwork makes the dream work - we are optimistic, empathetic, and inclusive
- Results-focused and relentless
- Does this meet the front-page test?
We ask great questions, promote responsible agility across the business, understand our content and product teams and how their work intersects with the law, build trust through thoughtful dissection of issues that weigh the cost and benefits, along with thoughtful solutions to minimize risk. We get to know the people who are creating Calm content as well as those who are building, marketing, and distributing our products. We partner with all aspects of the business and work cross-functionally to provide complete advice to all stakeholders.
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional attorney who is passionate about product and committed to advancing Calm’s mission of making the world a healthier and happier place. As Product Counsel, you will embed into high-impact product initiatives for Calm’s core consumer app. You will work hand-in-hand with cross-functional stakeholders on product development teams as a dedicated legal resource who will provide agile and practical legal counsel so the team can effectively and responsibly navigate a range of legal and regulatory frameworks. This role will report to the Head of Trust, Consumer Product, Privacy & IP and will work closely with members of the product, engineering, design, and customer experience teams, among others.
- Provide agile and practical counsel on new cutting-edge products and features for the Calm app from early in the product development cycle through launch
- Work closely with and support a range of cross-functional stakeholders to enable product design flexibility while providing advice consistent with legal obligations across all relevant areas, including consumer protection, privacy, and marketing
- Build enduring and sustaining relationships with partners from Engineering, Product, Design, Customer Experience, and other teams to ensure creative and powerful product development and high impact launches
- Draft and curate clear and succinct product-related terms, FAQs, and other communications
- Build subject matter expertise on an ongoing basis across relevant and sometimes shifting regulatory frameworks so that you are best equipped to assess risk and see around corners
- Develop a deep understanding of our technology and tech stack to provide expert counsel from a informed and tech-forward perspective
- Member in good standing of the California or New York Bar
- 4+ years of experience as an attorney, preferably with some experience in-house
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience providing product counseling on complex products to a variety of stakeholders, including non-lawyers
- Experience across a range of legal disciplines and global legal frameworks relevant to technology product counseling, such as consumer protection, privacy, and marketing
- Intellectually curious and deeply interested in technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Consummate team player who loves helping others succeed and has a can-do attitude
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent at multitasking and managing competing priorities
- Adept at issue spotting and anticipating risk but does not suffer from analysis paralysis
- Experience providing product counsel in the mobile app and web app spaces
- Deep experience with consumer protection law
- Project management experience
- Undergraduate STEM major or coursework related to technology or product design
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.